Forgetful? No Account? Register
Your One Stop Shop for Baking & Candy Making Supplies

Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Cream Filling and Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Make your favorite chocolate cupcakes or prepare purchased cake mix. Let cupcakes cool.

Creme Filling

1 – 7 oz container marshmallow cream

1/2 cup softened butter

1/3 cup powder sugar

1 tablespoon water

1/4 teaspoon salt

With electric mixer beat ingredients together until fluffy. Add in a few drops of red food coloring if you like pink filling like we do!

Attach a large tip to pastry bag and fill with cream. Insert tip into cupcake and fill until cupcake slightly expands.

Ganache Frosting

12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup heavy cream (must be heavy cream — half and half will not work)

Place chocolate chips into a bowl and pour cream over the top. Heat in microwave until chips are soft.  Allow mixture to sit a minute to continue melting the chips. Stir well. Let mixture come to room temperature.  With electric mixer beat until fluffy. Fill pastry bag with large star tip and pipe onto cupcakes.

Enough frosting and filling for 12-15 cupcakes depending on your frosting and filling style.

Enjoy!

1 Comment by Angie | November 6, 2010 @ 10:38 pm

This is delicious! I made pioneer woman’s chocolate sheet cake into cupcakes and filled it and topped it with this recipe. My life is now complete. Thanks so much for sharing this!

2 Comment by kangli | December 7, 2010 @ 1:22 am

Thanks for this tip! I was wondering how to have filled cupcakes, and now I geddit! :)

3 Comment by Isa | December 8, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

Did I miss the part with the recipe for the Devil’s Food cupcakes???

4 Comment by Beth R | December 11, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

I am doing my shopping today and these are on my to do list for tomorrow.
My sweetheart will be thrilled and now I’m hungry for cupcakes at 10am. !

5 Comment by Megan | December 12, 2010 @ 1:34 am

I just found your site and have checked around a lot. First off, these look delicious! I might have to give ‘em a go some day. I used to work at a bakery and loved looking around your site. You sell a lot of the same items we did. Do you have more pictures of your store somewhere? I’d love to see it! I told my hubby that the next time we are in KC, we might have to make the trip over to Topeka to see it in person!

6 Comment by cindylouh | March 4, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

I used a boxed mix.

7 Comment by Tirtzah | November 9, 2011 @ 2:23 am

This recipe turned out really GREAT!!! I made no changes. The whipped ganache was pretty thinner than I was expecting, but it still piped nicely on the cupcakes and had very good flavor. I used Nestle tollhouse semi-sweet choc chips.